We at Alterior Motif are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and looking after the people and the planet to our best ability. We believe it’s the small things we do everyday that make a real difference.
Some initiatives we’ve implemented into our stores and office include the following:
- Biodegradable post bags are used for our online orders to greatly reduce our plastic use.
- Stock transfers between our stores are sent in reusable and compostable bags or reusable boxes.
- We have proper recycling bins and recycling systems in place in our stores and office including separate bins for hard plastic, glass, paper, soft plastic and general waste.
- Compostable garment bags from our suppliers are used as bin liners instead of purchasing plastic bin bags.
- Our staff bring keep cups to work instead of purchasing disposable coffee cups.
- All soft plastics are correctly recycled.
- Full time staff in our Noosa store live close by so are able to walk or ride to work each day, reducing how often they drive their cars and the subsequent negative environmental impacts.
- Some furniture and shop fit elements in our stores are handmade by local artisans using recycled wood and offcuts.
- We keep our stock quantities to a minimum when ordering for our stores and work closely with our suppliers to invest in special pieces and not support mass production.
- Natural cleaning products are used in store that aren’t so harsh on the environment and our water systems.
- We support local brands based on the Sunshine Coast to reduce garment travel miles.
A big part of our efforts towards sustainability is working closely with brands that have a likeminded ethos and commitment to sustainability within their business. The majority of brands stocked at Alterior Motif are Australian and have a strong focus on sustainable and ethical production.
Here are our top 6 sustainable brands making incredible efforts towards sustainability and reducing their carbon footprint. Feel confident in your purchases knowing you are investing in high quality pieces that are good for the planet.
Sustainably made since 2006, Bassike are an Australian brand focusing on elevated basics with high end design and construction. Their jersey range is zero waste and 90% of all of their pieces are Australian made. Shop Bassike.
“We don’t make a lot of noise, but those who wear us, do.”
Nobody is a premium denim brand founded and made in Melbourne, Australia delivering high quality and innovative designs with sustainability and ethical practice a priority throughout the production process. Shop Nobody.
NAGNATA is a directional, ethical sportswear and lifestyle brand designing pieces made for modern movement and studio-to-street style. From the brand’s conception, NAGNATA have focused on sustainable production and aim to redefine value in the fashion industry, encouraging “movements not seasons”. Shop NAGNATA.
Holly Ryan Jewellery handcrafts modern heirlooms designed for the everyday. Holly Ryan and her team are passionate about sustainability and aim to minimise their environmental impact wherever possible by using sustainable materials and low to zero waste processes. Shop Holly Ryan.
Joyeux is a locally owned and designed brand featuring effortless apparel designed for life. Joyeux pieces are created from natural fibres and utilise small run and sustainably minded production. Shop Joyeux.
Zulu & Zephyr
Made for the sun, the salt and the sea. Zulu & Zephyr swimwear is ethically created from ECONYL which is made through a revolutionary process of regenerating recovered fishing nets and landfills back to their original pure nylon form. Shop Zulu & Zephyr.
Handcrafting quality and timeless pieces that are made to last, St Agni ensures ethical manufacturing while supporting artisans continuing to use traditional hand making techniques. They utilise natural and biodegradable fibres for their apparel and vegetable tanned leather for their footwear. Shop St Agni.
Leif products are reflective of the Australian outback and hero native ingredients. Their products are vegan, cruelty free, made in Australia and free from sulphates, parabens, animal testing and mineral oil fillers. Shop Leif.