Our lovely Angie - buyer and manager of our Cotton Tree store - recently jetted overseas to enjoy a European summer. She has returned with a golden glowing tan as well as some helpful holiday packing tips. See below for what she recommends bringing along on your next holiday from plane essentials to the best everyday shoe for day time adventures and everything in between! Shop the edit at Alterior Motif, in stores and online.
For The Plane
- Ayu Facial Mist – freshen up mid flight and keep moisture locked in.
- Bassike jersey – just too comfy!
- Oversized sweater C+M or P.E – it gets chilly on that plane!
- Theseeke Rose Elixir Oil. Tip: add to a bath before flying! So relaxing and makes skin moist and soft. Then on a clean damp face before flying pop a few drops on fingers and rub in to keep face moist and glowing during flight.
On the Ground
- Soft woven bag – can be folded up into hand luggage and an easy extra bag to use when you buy to much local produce (wine). I used my Brie Leon Rafia Bag.
- A belt bag – Dylan Kain or the P.E bum bag. Best way to keep your personals secure and be hands free! Pairs back well with every outfit.
- Bucket hat – can be folded neatly to travel, saves your skin and is on trend all day long. Try Marle's Nonna Hat or Avenue The Label's leather bucket hat.
- Teva sandals – best travel shoe ever! Can walk around in these all day long, they can get wet and are super easy to pack. Just be mindful of getting a Teva tan, ha!
- Trainers – good for flying or if you need something comfy and closed in. I recommend DOF's Romeo or Luella styles!
- Strappy flat or a mule – great to dress up an outfit at night. My picks are A.Emery or James Smith.
- Easy linen dress – perfect for during the day with Teva’s or trainers. Can be dressed up at night with a strappy flat or mule. The Lilya Roni is my fave.
- Linen trousers or a cropped jean – my picks are Hansen & Gretel or Arthur Apparel.
- Denim skirt – nobody like Nobody! Dress it up with mules and a floaty blouse or dress it down with a tee and Teva's.
- A few jersey tees – Bassike and Oracle Fox – tres chic!
- Velvet Canyon sunnies – my go-to eyewear everyday.
- A Fella Swim bikini – perfect to hit the beach or layer with!